Do you need auto insurance but you’re not sure where to find the best auto insurance policy for you? It can be confusing and time consuming trying navigating the number of companies that offer quotes for auto insurance. Here is some information to help you.
Three Methods People Use To Find Auto Insurance
There are a variety of methods people use to find insurance. Here are the three most popular for your consideration.
- Referral from a friend or relative – when a friend or relative is happy with their insurance provider, you might assume that you will be happy with them too. However, if your friend or relative has never had to file a claim, there is no reason for them to be dissatisfied. Until a claim is filed, you can’t be certain of how that company will respond to a claim. Since the possibility of needing to file a claim is the reason for having auto insurance, a friend or relative who has never had to file a claim is probably expressing satisfaction with their auto insurance company’s rate. They may choose another insurance company if they later must file a claim and they are not satisfied with how their claim is handled.
- Marketing and Advertising Promotions – Many people will respond to an insurance company’s advertising when a special rate is offered to them. These people are basing their decision upon a small amount of financial savings, rather than looking at the rate paid to the company once the promotion has ended. Often, insurance companies will offer a promotional rate for a short period of time, and then when the promotion is over they will charge a higher rate than average. Also, receiving a special rate is no guarantee that you will be happy with a company’s service. Although special rates should be taken into consideration when choosing auto insurance, you should consider other factors and ask questions before making a final decision.
- Rates Or Cost Of Premiums – Most people will make the mistake of placing too much emphasis on the price of insurance premiums when they are deciding which auto insurance company to use. While price should be a consideration, there are other things to consider, such as how long it takes for a claim to be processed. If the insurance company processes claims slowly, you’ll be unhappy with the company when you need to file a claim. Price is not the most important factor when buying insurance, and it should placed lower on the list of considerations.
What To Look For And To Watch Out For In An Auto Insurance Company
Here is a list of questions to ask when you go shopping for insurance.
- What is the process for filing a claim? Is it a simple, straightforward process or is it difficult to file a claim?
- How fast are claims usually settled and are they paid to the satisfaction of the insured or victim?
- Under what circumstances would the company be likely to refuse a claim?
- Can you use any repair shop you choose or must you use one that is owned or recommended by the insurance company?
- If you must use a repair shop owned or recommended by the insurance company, do they do a good quality job with repairs?
- How does the company’s premiums compare to other companies? Are they too high or too low?
- Will the company raise your rates if you have an accident?
- If you are hurt in an accident, how will the company respond? Will they be caring or indifferent?
- How does the company handle their business on a daily basis? Do they answer their phones at all times during business hours? Are the personnel friendly and knowledgeable?
To find the best auto insurance quotes, use the Free Car Insurance Rate Finder tool at the top of this page.